Looking for PDP-8 G603 "Memory Selector Matrix" boards (or dec T-2052 transformers)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:47:27 CDT 2017

Hi all --

I recently got insanely lucky and scored a Straight-8 (S/N 14).  It made it
in nearly one piece from Ohio, but during transit, all of the G603 Memory
Selector Matrix boards fell out.  It looks like on early revisions, there
was no bar in place to hold the boards in (or someone removed the bar from
this one, but I see no indications that this was so).  So while the rest of
the flip chips were secured, I overlooked these in guiding the seller in
prepping it for shipping.

Two of the boards sustained pretty major damage, about a half a dozen of
the little "gum drop" looking transformers (DEC refers to them as T-2052)
broke off and most of them fell out and will never be found again.

I realize it's a long shot, but does anyone have:

- Any spare G603s (working or no, as long as the transformers are there)
- Any spare T-2052s (or know of a source)
- Any idea what the T-2052 *was* so I can try to replace them.  I haven't
found much detail as of yet.

(The G603 schematic is here:
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/Eagle/projects/DEC/Gxxx/G603/G603E.pdf
)