SimH PDP-8 simulator plays music

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:23:04 CDT 2017

Glad you guys have enjoyed it. I made SimH keep track of elapsed
microseconds based on the instruction, which means I'm no longer having to
use an average instruction time. This has improved the quality by a huge
factor!

Here's the new version of the Maple Leaf Rag for your listening pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGeycH7qUTU&t=26s

The rest of the code has been uploaded to Github as before.

I'm going to try to work out outputting real-time audio next; I think I can
do it with libsamplerate and Pulse or the like; I'll have to see.

Randy, I haven't looked at MUSIC4BF or much of Max's other programs, mainly
because I don't have much experience with S/360 or FORTRAN. I did play with
CSound very briefly a while back, which apparently was heavily based on his
work. Got something to read the deck? My Documation card reader no longer
powers up after moving, so I'll have to track that down. Hopefully it's
just a bad breaker.

Thanks,

Kyle