DEC PDP-14 Programmable Controller simulator

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 19:35:03 CDT 2017

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 8:21 PM, Charles Dickman via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> In the course of research, I saw that there was an option to replace
> the braided core ROM that was standard,  ...

Charles,

I've been studying core ROM for a while now, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information.  One interesting tidbit is that it appears -- but it's hard to confirm completely -- that it was invented by Ken Olsen (while at MIT Lincoln Labs).

Do you have pointers to the PDP-14 rope memory documentation?

	paul