Stuffing boards with pulled QFP chips

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 09:01:54 CDT 2017

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 7:28 PM, allison via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I've not gone over to the Rohs side, most of the solders are not fun to
> work with though a
> few have very active fluxes and solder aluminium well.   So its Kester
> 44 in 10 and
> 20 mil (inch mil) diameters.

Before building my most recent project (which involves an unpleasantly small-pitched TSOP package housing multiple RS232 level converters) I asked experts at work (technicians who do a lot of fine detail soldering) about RoHS.

The answer was very clear.  If you must use that stuff because of regulations, that's one thing.  If it's for your own use and the rules aren't applicable, don't be silly, use real solder.

	paul