Availability of PDP-8i Front Panel

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:05:15 CDT 2016

Hi Ray (and everyone),

I'm also very interested in knowing the mechanical dimensions of the front
panel PCB and positions of the lamps/switches/mounts/etc., but for the
PDP-8/e. Does anyone have front panel PCB dimensions and positions for all
the UI components I could use?

I can make a simple PCB design for each of the main areas (lamps, switch
register, other switch groups) that will arrive at a few smaller PCBs,
saving a ton of cost. I also have experience in LED display and switch
matrix design so we won't need a thousand wires going everywhere when used
with an emulator. For example, one USB cable for the entire front panel.

There exists the amazing PiDP-8 (
http://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-8) that has all of these
items taken care of. But there does /not/ exist one for the PDP-8/e.

I await your wisdom,

--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129