Linux at 25

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Sep 15 10:11:47 CDT 2016

> >  I was a bit surprised to
> > find that my home thermostat was running BusyBox.
>
> My thermostat contains about 2 dozen parts, even if
> you count every nut , bolt, and washer. It does the job
> and is not hard to understand or repair if/when it needs
> it.

I intentionally kept the old T87-type thermostat when I bought this
house because I understood its properties well and it was completely
predictable.

My sister, against my request, bought me a Nest. It's still in the
box. I think it will make a dandy paperweight.

-- /etc/motd: /earth is 98% full. please delete anyone you can. ---------------