G4 cube (was Re: 68K Macs with MacOS 7.5 still in production use...)

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Sep 14 07:45:33 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:48:00AM +0200, Stefan Skoglund (lokal användare) wrote:
> I dislike very much the removal of perl from the default install.

Yeah, well ... about that :-(

I understand the reasoning behind it.  At one time FreeBSD had perl in
the base.  The problem was the support cycle.  At some point you had a
supported release that you had to keep going with an unsupported perl --
the perl development moves that much faster.

The argument over "what is in the default install" continues within
FreeBSD to this day, as I'm sure it does in every software project.
There's no perfect solution.

mcl