50 yrs. of Star Trek!

Jerry Kemp other at oryx.us
Thu Sep 8 21:26:03 CDT 2016

On 09/ 8/16 07:05 PM, TeoZ wrote:
> They never really show acceleration and deceleration onboard a spaceship
> affecting the crew so why bother with seat belts (that would be a pain for the
> actors to use)? Besides what good would they do if you actually hit something
> large in space at the speed of light.
>
> Handheld phasers would be cool if somebody comes up with a batter that hold
> crazy amounts of energy and would not short out in your pocket.

Thats why I have no personal plans for a battery/electric car at any point in
the near future.  Batteries truly need to make a quantum leap forward before I
would be sold on them.  I have never been a big fan of asian automobiles, but
Japan seem to be leading the world with hydrogen powered vehicles as things
stand right now. Till some big leap forward appears in batteries, or something
else, I'm personally hitching my horse wagon behind hydrogen power.

Jerry