50 yrs. of Star Trek!

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Sep 8 13:32:54 CDT 2016

On 09/08/2016 11:01 AM, Thomas Kula wrote:

> I remember reading, ages ago, that the ubiquitous 'memory tapes'
> they were always shoving into techno things on TOS were about the
> size of a 3.5" disk. And, after they started to become common, I
> remember thinking that USB 'thumb drives' were about the form-factor
> of the chips used in TNG.

...and now we have the form factor memory device that's about at the
limit for ergonomics--the micro SD.   I worry that I'll lose one in my
pocket lint or the potato chip crumbs on my desktop...

Ever notice that humans seem to have evolved out of the "snacking" habit
aboard the Enterprise?   No dougnuts, candy bars, chips/crisps, soda
cans, etc...

And for heaven's sake, where did they put the head?

--Chuck