HP-35/45 Simulator for PDP-8

Marc Howard cramcram at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:53:02 CDT 2016

I'd vote for the HP-1xC line myself.  You can get 5 different calculators
(financial, 3 x scientific and programmer) for nearly the effort of the
first one.

The HP-16C (http://www.hpmuseum.org/hp16.htm) would be especially helpful
as it can easily be converted to calculate with a 12 bit with carry width
and octal operation with just a few keystrokes.  Even does 1's
complement/18 bits if you happen to have a PDP-1 lying around.