For sale 128K Core RAM Industrial PDP 11/40 Massbus System

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 04:14:46 CDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Christian Gauger-Cosgrove
<captainkirk359 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 October 2016 at 18:09, Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unix? Probably a complete brain fart by me - but I thought Unix
>> required a machine with separate I/D spaces and the 11/40 wasn't one
>> of them?
>>
> V5 and V6 will run on an 11/40. I *think* but I might be wrong, that
> V5 doesn't support split I/D.
>

>> If I'm wrong that will be of some assistance to me actually :-)
>>
> Why, plannign to run an old UNIX on a blinkenlights '11? :P

Yes.  I want a blinkenlights web server :-)

Of course these days RSX is also a possibility... it has an HTTPD in
addition to the basic TCP/IP stack I believe?

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'