MSCP - was Re: Unibus / Qbus

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 24 06:39:41 CDT 2016

On 10/22/16 6:05 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
> On 2016-10-22 4:08 PM, allison wrote:
>> FYI I have never heard of any one recreating the RQDX1/2/3 software
>> protocol MSCP
>> as it was nontrivial, proprietary, and copyrighted.
>
> It's been implemented in simh, afaik. Its reputation is a little more
> imposing than the reality.
>
> --Toby

That may be so but putting it on a board to accept a IDE drive is far
more useful to us that run hardware.
Why IDE, It can use CF and I also have a large supply of drives from
20-512mb.   Fortunately I have a
large supply of MFM drives and two SCSI controllers for the larger
supply of SCSI drives.  However, I
feel I'm the exception and many Qbus users are not so fortunate.

Where is the source code to for that? That is the drive side of that.

Allison