Old versions of Emacs

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Fri Oct 21 13:02:06 CDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
wrote:

>     > From: Lars Brinkhoff
>
>     > Emacs in 1983 would have been Gosling Emacs, I guess.
>
> Prior to that one, someone else at BBN (whose name I have forgotten, alas)
> did an Emacs intended for PDP-11's running Unix. It wasn't programmable
> (the
> way 'real' Emacs is), perhaps because there was not enough room for that
> on a
> PDP-11.
>
> I should have that on my MIT-CSR backup tapes, but if you're interested in
> copy, it will be a while before I can excavate it; the tapes had some
> dropouts, which may have made the dump (a straight 'dd' of a 4.3
> filesystem)
> unreadable.
>
>         Noel

I would love to have an Emacs I could run on my Pro-380.  Then I can do
some real work with it.

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."