VTServer/etc for V6 Unix

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Oct 18 21:56:22 CDT 2016

    > From: "Ian S. King"

    > ISTR that one can generate a 'tape' config file with whatever components
    > you want/need.

Right, I saw that, but I need the V6 components...

    > I know there are v6-specific tools somewhere ... I think it's somewhere
    > in the TUHS site, and not completely obvious so you have to hunt a bit.

Any hints you could provide would be most gratefully received. I looked in the
source tree, and doing a search for "mkfs" only turned up the normal V6
mkfs. (Note that for the V7 one, the source for the standalone and Unix
versions is one file, which has #ifdefs. That seems to be the one that's in
the VTServer tree.)

I had a pretty extensive walk through the archive 'back when' I first found
out about TUHS, and I don't think I saw V6 versions (I would likely have
grabbed them, if I had); I did find (and grab) VTServer, along with a bunch of
other stuff. I just took another quick skim, couldn't find them.

I would have guessed that they didn't exist, since that whole method of
putting Unix on a machine didn't exist until V7, so it wouldn't have been
written 'back in the day'.

	Noel