Anyone with a CDC disk pack reader that can help Paul Vixie?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Oct 17 10:38:36 CDT 2016

There's one on eBay, don't know if I'd trust it.
www.ebay.com/itm/152238200965

They were sold with Intel MDS's

I've got one or two from a TI 990

They are HEAVY

They are basically IBM 5440 media.

The format is in the queue to read, along with about a dozen others of more
importance.

Be warned, Billy Pettit told me CDC/MPI built dozens of variants of that drive
for people, so you may have to wait until bit-level recovery is running somewhere.

The good news is they are low density low speed single platter media, so the
chances are good the data can be recovered if the platter is clean.