VCFed, the BBS!

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 08:10:03 CDT 2016

On Oct 16, 2016 5:52 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <cctalk at snarc.net> wrote:

>> I mean  please add 110  Baud  Evan!
>

> I was giving examples, not carved-in-stone specifications.

If the system is simple it'll be easier to support, 110b is not, given the
number of persons coming in from the other end so slowly.  No one barely
has a phone line anymore as it is, most (95%) of the external traffic will
be telnet.  If the bbs allows those few of us with phone lines to connect
at 300 to 1200b to get to a handshake and resolve to a simple welcome
screen for hardware testing purposes, that would be a good start. Get that
running see what kind of traffic results, and plan phase ii from there.

I imagine it will be best once this system is up and running that people
call in on Sunday afternoon so visitors to the museum hear the inbound
calls in real time like a sys op would running a bbs from his basement.
Bill