Blue Origin launch (Was: uVAX system (mostly) that Ian King was interested in)

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Thu Oct 13 20:18:59 CDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Curious Marc <curiousmarc3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Impressive. Good software attached to *very good very large very expensive
> hardware* that moves very fast. What's an engineer not to like! Keep the
> spirit of the 60's going!
> Marc

"Very good very large very expensive hardware" that we keep using over and
over and over.  That booster flew five times *in less than a year*, and the
Crew Capsule flew seven times (including our first New Shepard mission in
which we lost the rocket - but not the Crew Capsule - as well as a pad
escape mission).

OK, back on topic - off to write some 6800 diagnostics for my SWTPC
machine.   :-)  PS: the uVAX hardware in the original thread is on its way.
 -- Ian
--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."