Chip info reqd: MR9736-002 CRT controller?

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 15:06:23 CDT 2016

Hi folks,

The restoration of the STC Executel 3910 I mentioned the other day continues
with picture help from another collector who bought one at the same time I
did.

I've got it powering up and the tiny monitor is trying to display something
but the horizontal hold has gone so I'm suspecting dry joints given the
state of the back of the monitor board and the microcassette drive next to
it when I opened it up for the first time. It's been cleaned and the leaky
battery removed since then, fortunately there's no trace damage from the
alkali.

The display board is powered by the chip in the subject line and neither
myself or google has heard of it. It's a 40 pin DIP that doesn't seem to be
pin compatible with any CRTC I'm aware of.

Anyone?

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator