Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Oct 9 04:19:13 CDT 2016

On 10/9/2016 1:58 AM, Peter Corlett wrote:
>> Playing a computer game is about as entertaining to me as
>> >putting my money into an online slot machine.
> Find better games
I'm more interested in the technology of the implementing games, and the
coming VR that
might be interesting.  Remote reality is now possibly in reach.
Certainly forms of it are used
at JPL for the Mars Rover projects.   You can go in a room, wonder
around and bend down and
look at things with their telepresence technologies.  For quite a long
time.

Also though maybe not a video game, Microsoft FS-X is amazing.  I'd love
to have the room, resources
and time to hook up a reasonable simulator.  But going around shooting
bad guys and looking at random
scores, boring.  Adventure pretty much was the diversion, never have
looked back.  What I get from that
game doesn't need graphics, and has as much fun to me as you could have
with all the gamer stuff.

I thank games for bringing out incredible power to desktop systems, I
use them for build servers and
the like.  Games, not so much.  I wish I had time to get into the GPU
processing, but maybe someday,
right now not enough time.

--
Note change in email address.  Please use reply-to
address.  TWC is changing their email and this may
change again reply to is jwsmail at jwsss.com