Magnetic media FTGH!

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Oct 8 13:30:19 CDT 2016

I've just dug out and inventoried two boxes of magnetic media.  A
little of it is not mine; a little more is stuff I'd like copies of if
I can make it happen.

But most of it is just going to leave soon, one way or another.  I'd
rather see it go to someone who can actually use it, but it is not
worth the costs of keeping it around to me.  I do not currently have
any system on which I can check the contents of any of these (while
it's possible I might get one or more set up, I can't count on it, and
it's unlikely to happen soon).  So, while the labeling might be
accurate, it also might not.

There are a bunch of TK50s (or something similar; I know there are
other, similar, tapes, some similar enough to fool a quick inspection;
I didn't look in detail to be sure every one is a TK50).  They have
labels, some printed, some scribbled, some carefully handwritten.
Here, \ indicates a line break.

	SW/gnu \ Nov 28/91
	/usr/local \ 91/10/26
	6.0 +  797493
	ULTRIX V4.2 \ SUPPORTED SUBSETS \ VOL. 1
	ULTRIX V4.2 \ SUPPORTED SUBSETS \ VOL. 2
	Sunclock \ 91/11/21
	AQ-PE1F0-01 C01 \ DEC FORT ULTRIX V3.2 BIN \ TK50
	AQ-PE1F0-01 \ DEC FORT ULTRIX V3.2 BIN \ TK50
	ULTRIX V4.2 \ MANDATORY UPGRADE
	Kermit5A \ 91/11/21
	DEC FORTRAN \ V3.0   (crossed out and "obsolete" written in)
	K2  /usr/local \ 1991/03/14
	LOTUS 1-2-3 \ 91/11/19
	/usr/users \ 91/10/20
	swTeX.tar.Z \ 91/11/02
	ULTRIX V4.2 \ UNSUPPORTED SUBSETS

There are numerous quarter-inch cartridge tapes (the DC600 formfactor;
many are DC600s or DC600As, but some are other sizes/lengths/formats).

Some have no label.  Three of these have absolutely no label, not even
a manufacturer/brand label.  Nine more have a brand label but no
indication of their contents.  One has a printed label which has been
ripped off enough that all I'm sure of is that it had the usual
boilerplate text for US Government users.  Two others have ripped-off
labels; on one, all that remains legible is "tix" at the end of a word;
the other, I can see enough of a logo to be fairly sure it was an
Accelr8 label.

Four more have labels that are short and simple enough to fit on a
single line:

89/02/22(F) ISC0D0S0
TO BE CHECKED
89/02/17   ISC0D0S0
/files!    execlude  ./digests  &  ./misc        90/10/08   cd /files

Twenty-six tapes are labeled with just their sizes.  These are written
in my hand, so I feel fairly sure they are the result of me
capcity-testing the tapes:

SIZE: 30605 ×512
SIZE: 30643 ×512
SIZE: 30611 ×512
SIZE: 30730 ×512
SIZE: 30730 ×512
SIZE: 114081 ×512
SIZE: 115168 ×512
SIZE: 116769 ×512
SIZE: 118878 ×512
SIZE: 119721 ×512
SIZE: 119870 ×512
SIZE: 119891 ×512
SIZE: 120345 ×512
SIZE: 120352 ×512
SIZE: 120412 ×512
SIZE: 120586 ×512
SIZE: 120741 ×512
SIZE: 120756 ×512
SIZE: 121719 ×512
SIZE: 121722 ×512
SIZE: 121917 ×512
SIZE: 122116 ×512
SIZE: 122343 ×512
SIZE: 122608 ×512
SIZE: 122664 ×512
201796×512

Five more have sticky-notes (one on the box, one on the tape) and a
size sticker.  I _think_ the 3.5 here refers to version 3.5 or
something (SunOS is a likely candidate).

--
	sticky-note:	3.5
	sticky-note:	Tape 1
	sticker:	SIZE: 121372 ×512
--
	sticky-note:	3.5
	sticky-note:	Tape 2
	sticker:	SIZE: 118586 ×512
--
	sticky-note:	3.5
	sticky-note:	Tape 3

The rest are a grab-bag:

--
	NESTAR SYSTEMS INCORPORATED
	S.O. # INT4406     PLAN 5000 (tm)
	(C)  1982-1986      NESTAR SYSTEMS, INC.
--
	Nestar Systems, Inc.
	Subsidiary of DSC Communications Corporation
			PLAN Series (tm)
			Boot Uility Tape QIC-24
	FS# UPGRADE	Star Plus FS Release 1.10
			   160-12676-002
	       (c)1982-1988 DSC Nestar Inc
--
	various indistinct writing; legible bits include:
	90/2/19
	/FICRSI
	90/04/10
	DIGEST
	NeXT, SUN-SPOTS, SUN-386i
	92/12/19
--
	/HOME/ICH    10/10/90 , 11/17/90, 16/15/90      1/30/91  2/1/91
		     22.4.91
--
	3/15, 5/8, 7/26 (various further dates and words crossed out)
	SUG89 (INTERESTING STUFF ONLY)  90/12/16
--
	IFUJ1		IFUJ1	  90/03/19	TAR HOME/ICH  92/12/10
	89/3/8		MPAQUETT  90/04/30
	89/5/1		MPAQUETT  90/05/25
	(indistinct)	/         92/12/08
--
	LAB B
	YEAR END
	2/2
--
	LAB J
	A3  MAY 7/93
--
	LAB F
	YEAR END
	1/2
--
	LAB F
	YEAR END
	1/2
--
	LAB F
	YEAR END
	1/2
--
	LAB F
	YEAR END
	1/2
--
	LAB B
	YEAR END
	1/2b
--
	LAB B  4 OF 4
			LAB B
			4    4       HP
	JAN 15 1993	n/u
--
	(crossed-out text omitted)
	ABBOTT INCR DUMP

	© A. PENTLAND  1985,1986,1987
--
			LAB B
			3    4       HP
	JAN 15 1993
--
		Fall- 8AT
		LAB B
		1		(unclear)
		End of Semester backup
--
	Accelr8
	DESCRIPTION DCL8 (2,0)  EDT8 (2,0)
	PART NUMBER 8-812-001, 002          RELEASE #:
	TAPE  1  OF  1  .  NUMBER OF FILES       BPI
	  SN: 000646
--
	(SUN	3.2 SUNBIN EXPORT 68020
	logo)	1.4" Tape (boot format), 2 of 4
		Part Number: 700-1256-02 Rev. A
--
	box:	KEE 3.1
		Genera 7.1
	tape:	3.5 EXPORT SUNBIN 68020
		1.4" Tape (boot format), 3 of 5
		Part Number: 700-1600-02 Rev. A
--
	13/3/89
	Relax  1of2
	LFRL  system  and
	saved  results
--
	13/3/89
	Relax  2of2
--
	LAB J
	A2    MAY 7/93

There are also a bunch of 5¼" floppies.  34 of them are unlabeled,
possibly completely unused:

	9x	Sony branded, DSDD 48tpi
	6x	Sony branded, "MD-2HD"
	6x	3M branded, DS, DD, RH, MARK Q
	9x	BASF branded, 2S/2D 48tpi
	4x	Unbranded

The BASF floppies from the above list are marked as being for sale to
government and educational institutions only, not for resale; I don't
know whether that has any bearing.

Of the remaining floppies, some have labels short enough to be
reasonably represented on a single line:

QuickBasic 1of3
QuickBasic 2of3
QuickBasic 3of3
FW Macros
d|i|g|i|t|a|l branded, unlabeled
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 28/28  85/10/28  (scratched out)
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 27/28  85/10/28  (scratched out)
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 26/28  85/10/28  (scratched out)
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 25/28  86/10/28  (scratched out)
?ACKUP ????OVMS 4.1M 6/28  85/10/28  (partially ripped off)
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 5/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 4/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 3/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 2/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 1/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 9/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 8/28  85/10/28
BACKUP MICROVMS 4.1M 7/28 85/10/28
MS-DOS boot
AG2012
Maxell branded, label ripped off, all that's legible is "FEB85"
QuickBasic		1
QuickBasic		2
QuickBasic		3
Network Boot  DOS 3.1

There is also a set of original Borland Turbo C diskettes:

	INSTALL/HELP			A2B0427471
	INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
	COMMAND LINE/UTILITIES
	LIBRARIES
	HEADER FILES/LIBRARIES
	EXAMPLES/BGI/MISC

and two sets of six which appear to be working copies of the above.

There are three Microsoft-branded floppies:

	Microsoft Mouse   Setup/Mouse Menus 1
	Microsoft Paintbrush    Program/Mouse Menus 2
	Microsoft Paintbrush    Utilities Disk

and two that don't fit any of the above:

--
	label partially ripped off: remaining text is
		BL-N639C-BH

	BitCom Deluxe with MNP5 v5.1
		(06/20/91)
--

This is all in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.  In general, I suck at getting
things shipped; local pickup, either in person or by proxy, is much

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org