Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 22:45:49 CDT 2016

90 mm f 2 summacron was a great lens!
wish I had one back  for our  M2.

In a message dated 10/7/2016 7:15:36 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cisin at xenosoft.com writes:

On Fri,  7 Oct 2016, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> Leicas dumpstered?    OMG !?
> oh.... the  humanity!!!!!!!

Indeed!
M2 AND M3,  with marvelous lenses.  CHead had promised me the Summicrons,
which I  have always dreamed of having.
I found 2 cases that the dumpsterers missed,  containing a mint 2-1/4x3-1/4
Graflex and lenses, and a Visoflex  Tele-Elmarit with serious cosmetic
damage due to the foam  deteriorating.  When it became clear that the rest
were gone, I did a  quick sale of the Tele-Elmarit for $1000, kept a 47mm
Super-Angulon  (almost fills 4x5!), and gave the Graflex with the rest of
its lenses to  another of CHead's friends who wanted to learn what HE
considered "large  format".  I'm currently playing with swings and tilts
with the Super  Angulon on a Hama/Kenlock/Spiratone bellows as a miniature
technical  camera.