Twiggys [was: Re: ka... ching!]

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Oct 7 21:15:32 CDT 2016

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> Leicas dumpstered?   OMG !?
> oh.... the  humanity!!!!!!!

Indeed!
M2 AND M3, with marvelous lenses.  CHead had promised me the Summicrons,
which I have always dreamed of having.
I found 2 cases that the dumpsterers missed, containing a mint 2-1/4x3-1/4
Graflex and lenses, and a Visoflex Tele-Elmarit with serious cosmetic
damage due to the foam deteriorating.  When it became clear that the rest
were gone, I did a quick sale of the Tele-Elmarit for $1000, kept a 47mm
Super-Angulon (almost fills 4x5!), and gave the Graflex with the rest of
its lenses to another of CHead's friends who wanted to learn what HE
considered "large format".  I'm currently playing with swings and tilts
with the Super Angulon on a Hama/Kenlock/Spiratone bellows as a miniature
technical camera.