Picked up Commodore Amiga 2000

devin davison lyokoboy0 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:13:12 CDT 2016

A buddy located this just in time, it was out at a scrapyard and we are
about to get hit with a hurricane over here in florida. Picked up a
commodore amiga 2000 with the keyboard, no mouse or monitor. I hooked it up
to a tv via composite and get to the boot screen. It appears to have a scsi
hard drive controller in it.

I figured this would be the place to ask... It looks as if PC compatibility
boards can be added to the machine,  boards with a 286, 386, or 486 and
some memory on a board, capable of running  MS DOS. IF i were to install
such a board, what kind of graphics capability would the dos side of things
have?

I just got started with the machine, im still trying to get it to boot up,
but if it would be pretty capable with dos then i will keep an eye out for
one of the cards.

any suggestions to get started would be appreciated.

--Devin