ka... ching!

N0body H0me n0body.h0me at inbox.com
Sat Oct 1 16:41:44 CDT 2016

Maybe not astronomical, but most of the systems I'm interested in, anyways,
are almost always outside my price range.  A good example: I bought my
first ss-50 machine for $50.  That's $116 in today's money.  Not lunch
money, but not out of reach.  Try to buy an SS-50 today (like say, an
SwTPc 6800 or similar).  You can't SMELL one for under $600-800, and
more likely you're going to have to pony up a grand or more.

I tried to buy a PDP-11/23 on Craigslist.  "Make offer" the ad said.
I made an offer. No response. No "no thank you" or "I was really hoping
to get $________".  Nothing.  Make another offer, still nothing.  A week
goes by, and I'm looking at e-pay.  The EXACT SAME machine is now listed.
Opening bid was $100.  I didn't bid; there are too many people playing
games like this....

So, it's not 'astronomical' just out of reach.  If I didn't still have
a bunch of stuff I acquired when it was still all reasonably priced, I likely wouldn't bother.....

N0body