Thinking about acquiring PDP stuff

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Nov 30 13:32:15 CST 2016

On 11/30/2016 9:20 AM, Al Kossow wrote:

> On 11/30/16 9:15 AM, Brad H wrote:
>>
>> When I got
>> a dead Digital Group Z80 system, repairing that and getting it operating was
>> like going on an exploration of ancient ruins.
> Were you born in the 20th century?
>
> Seriously, for some of us, DG microcomputers are modern.

I was ecstatic to get a Nova 3, but it was released when I thought the
Nova 800's I used were actually getting to be old technology. Still very
glad to finally have a full Data General system.  Since it replaced a
PDP 11/34 on deck, I'm glad to have a system that doesn't make me wonder
if I'll be disabled everytime i move or lift it as well.

thanks
Jim