WTB: PDP-8/e handbook

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 28 21:12:44 CST 2016

On 11/28/2016 09:23 PM, W2HX wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am in the market to obtain the PDP-8/e small computer handbook in the form of a real book. There is one on ABE books available which is softcover. I always worry about a 500 page book in softcover in terms of the binding and general sturdiness. Was there a hardcover version of this book and does anyone have one for sale?
> Thanks
> Eugene W2HX

The soft cover was common.  In 40 years I've never seen a hard cover
version even inside DEC.

Mine is old, its shows wear but its still useful.  I expect in time it
will start to fall apart but
like many of the others from DEC I've made repairs that kept those
intact if not pretty.
There are two issues, the binding glue drying and cracking, the other is
high acid paper.

Allison