Membership disabled due to bounces

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 23:22:31 CST 2016

seems  odd some list serves have this problem and  some do not  out
there... which would suggest  it may be a matter of the way the  listserv is
configured.  I hear  people with yahoo mail complain  about  some list serves  but
they also  say some  cause no  problem at  all.

Most of it is a mystery to me as I have not  run a listserv on  a  server
or a mailserver..
Ed#

In a message dated 11/23/2016 10:05:13 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com writes:

On  11/23/2016 8:00 PM, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2016,  Michael Brutman wrote:
>> Gmail routinely marks these emails as  spam.  And Gmail clearly says: "
It
>> has a from address in  aol.com but has failed aol.com's required tests
for
>>  authentication."
>>
>> Digging deeper into the header one  finds:
>>
>> "Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess  record for domain of
>> cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org designates  199.188.211.196 as permitted
>> sender)  client-ip=199.188.211.196;
>>        dkim=neutral (body hash  did not verify) header.i=@mx.aol.com;
>>         spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of
>>  cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org designates 199.188.211.196 as  permitted
>> sender)  smtp.mailfrom=cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org;
>>       dmarc=fail (p=REJECT dis=NONE)  header.from=aol.com"
>>

>> I'm no expert on  dmarc, but that looks to be the source of the pain.
>
> Do we have  any evidence that his messages are affecting the rest of us,
>  though?

I get disabled regularly. My address is at Yahoo.   Currently I'm sitting
at 2.0 out of 5.0 for my bounce score.  The  previous disabled messages came
at:

11/20/2016
11/06/2016
10/25/2016
10/18/2016
10/13/2016
10/05/2016
09/26/2016
09/10/2016
08/23/2016
08/11/2016
08/06/2016
08/01/2016
07/19/2016
07/10/2016
07/01/2016

A  fairly uneven distribution.  None repeating sooner than 5 days and
sometimes taking up to 18 days before hitting the 5.0 bounce limit.

I  was thinking of changing my email to another provider even though I've
had  this one for at least 12 years.  But if it's because of a configuration
problem, then other providers may react the same way so will it do any
good?

John H.  Reinhardt