for sale/trade: big list of both old and (relatively) new, deadline: end of November (ideally)

MG mgariboldi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 06:07:41 CST 2016

The following is for sale, or trade possibly.  (I've tried to send this
earlier, but it didn't appear in the list, so this is my second try to post
htis...)

Most of the listed items I've used together with SGI IRIX and HP/Compaq/DEC
OpenVMS and Digital/Tru64 UNIX systems and served me very well.

I need to sell this by the end of the month (Nov-2016), else I'll have to
potentially scrap a considerable bunch of it.

I probably forgot to mention a number of things and perhaps I made a few
mistakes here and there.  I'll try to update (and if needed, correct) this
list with follow-up posts.  For now, this is the list of items:

    -    SGI systems, e.g. MIPS R5000 and R5200 processor equipped O2s
notably, perhaps also a teal Indigo² with 250-MHz R4400, at least 256
Mbytes (also up to 1 Gbyte available) of RAM, various types of CPUs
available, along with various other options in terms of disks, video I/O,
etc. (ask me)    --> suggestion: if you don't care for IRIX, an O2 would
still make an excellent X terminal to any e.g. other system, too, as they
don't consume a lot of power and they're wonderfully small;

    -    SGI parts, like an SGI Tezro dual-processor 700-MHz R16000 system
board and an SGI DMediaPro DM10 IEEE-1394a FireWire PCI card plus cable and
manual;

    -    DEC Multia/UDB VX40B, maximized, with 166-MHz LCA4/21066
processor, the maximum amount of RAM (256 Mbytes), large 73.4-Gbyte 2½"
SCSI HDD (with Tru64 UNIX V5.1B[-5?] optionally pre-installed, OpenVMS V7.2
also works on it, the original vertical stand and documents are present,
too), Ensoniq AudioPCI (16-bit 48-KHz) audio card, replacement NVRAM/TOY
back-up battery, experimental SRM console, PCI audio card and
custom-shoehorned, etc.;

    -    various older/non-x86 or compatible computer (besides earlier
mentioned SGI, e.g. DEC, Compaq and HP) bits & parts, think of FireWire
(e.g. IEEE-1394a), audio, etc. cards, cables and such ... included are
things like an AlphaServer DS15-compatible PCI audio card, HP IEEE-1394a
FireWire PCI card (rare, should work in some HP Integrity systems) and more
(ask me for details);

    -    Exar/Neterion/S2io 10-Gbit fiber-optical (10GBASE-SR) PCI-X
Ethernet NICs including transceivers, besides x86/-64 also OpenVMS and IRIX
compatible (and tried/used in various systems, including HP rx2600s,
rx2620s and a DS15 and also an SGI Tezro), LC FC cables optionally
available, too;

    -    Mellanox 40-Gbit InfiniBand PCI-E adapters (3 total), optional
copper and fiber-optical cables, in various lengths, are also available;

    -    various (e.g. HP) HBAs, notably SCSI (e.g. Ultra160 and Ultra320)
and FC (e.g. 2-Gbit and 4-Gbit), for PCI/-X or PCI-E, many PCI/-X cards
also compatible with IRIX and even OpenVMS, some include the HP-branded
"combo" types, providing both dual-channel FC (HBA) and Ethernet (NIC);

    -    various optical/tape drives and media (e.g. DVD-RAM, various data
& cleaning tapes, of which many brand new), DDS/DAT of many types (e.g.
DDS-2/DAT12, DDS-3/DAT24, DDS-4/DAT40 and DDS-5/DAT72) Ultrium (mostly
LTO-1 and LTO-3), mostly of brands like HP (notably), Quantum and Sony...
to summarize several:
        -- HP Ultrium LTO-3 SCSI half-height tape drives
        -- Quantum Ultrium LTO-1 SCSI full-height tape drive
        -- various Ultrium LTO-3, -2 and -1 cleaning and data cartridge
tapes (mostly HP-branded)
        -- various (HP and Sony-branded) DDS-4/DAT40 tape drives, also one
DDS-5/DAT72 drive, all with
        -- various DDS-5/DAT72, DDS-4/DAT40, DDS-3/DAT24, DDS-2/DAT12 and
DDS-1/DAT8 tapes;

    -    various DVD-RAM discs, both with and without the plastic caddies;

    -    various HP, AXUS and Ciprico brand Ultra320 SCSI/S-ATA-bridged &
2-Gbit or 4-Gbit FC external enclosures, for HDDs (optionally including
large capacity HDDs, also hardware RAID functionality depending per
enclosure), 5¼" devices and more (these can be tricky to ship, but not
impossible), to summarize some of it:
        -- AXUS Demon SA-16U4P Ultra320 SCSI<=>S-ATA RAID storage
enclosure, including 16 * 1-Tbyte S-ATA HDDs and spares    --> advantages:
relative low power consumption and triple-redundant power
        -- Ciprico/Huge Systems MediaVault 4-Gbit FC/FC-AL RAID disk array,
including transceivers, 10 * 250-Gbyte P-ATA HDDs plus one or more spare
HDDs    --> advantages: low power consumption and rather silent
        -- HP StorageWorks M5313A FC/FC-AL 2-Gbit (JBOD) disk array,
including transceivers and 14 * 146.8-Gbyte FC HDDs and one or two spare
HDDs, too    --> note: perhaps not useful for OpenVMS users as-is, as JBOD
and FC-AL are a no-go, but it can be used in a larger SAN setup;

    -    various types of printed documents/documentation (various manuals
and reference guides, from e.g. SGI and Intel);

    -    APC Smart-UPS 3000 XLM (heavy-duty, 3000VA capacity) UPS back-up
battery aggregate power system, plus special APC RJ-45 USB cable (the whole
unit is perhaps hard to ship, but not impossible I guess), this UPS can
sustain e.g. several 2U and even some 4U HP Integrity servers for up to
30~40 minutes (depending on the loads, of course);

    -    HP OpenVMS Alpha V8.4 SPL (Software Product Library) July 2010,
including the original box and 'documents';

    -    lots of relatively recent 300-Gbyte and 146.8-Gbyte 80-pin
(SCA/-2) and 68-pin 10K and some 15K RPM, hot-swap, SCSI HDDs (most are
HP-branded);

    -    older <=9-Gbyte SCSI disks, from various vendors, some with (e.g.
DEC) firmware, with 50-, 68- and 80-pin (SCA/-2) connectors (many DEC and
Compaq/HP-branded ones, relevant for OpenVMS and Digital/Tru64 UNIX, too);

    -    HP StorageWorks 3U external 5¼" SCSI expansion enclosure, room for
4 (68-pin) SCSI devices (including optical drives, tape drives and
including full-height models);

    -    PCMCIA and PC card items: SanDisk CompactFlash card reader, SIIG
IEEE-1394a adapter, USB 2.0 adapter and an Adaptec Fast SCSI adapter plus
cable;

    -    Apple ADB and serial items: Griffin iMate adapters (2 total, 1 in
original packaging) and Keyspan adapter;

    -    Chieftec SNT-3141 S-ATA HDD backplane plus sleds and I can provide
3 * free 250-Gbyte S-ATA HDDs    --> suggestion: perhaps useful for in a
system like the HP zx2000 (if it fits, of course; I never tried it);

    -    IBM System x central fan tray (P/N: 90P4618, FRU P/N: 26K4761) and
also (e.g.) x346 rack rails (might fit on other devices/systems, too), SCSI
HDD caddies, fans and more (ask me);

    -    HP KVMIP console (PN 262589-821) 8-port extender hub, no power
supply required for this;

    -    Gefen 1080p HDMI scaler, professional grade (original box
present), useful for some computers and monitors to correct aspect ratios;

    -    non-computer items, or indirectly: professional SDI equipment,
like JVC-branded CRT and LCD monitors, Miranda bridges (including for
IEEE-1394a FireWire to SDI) and more, also many cables of various lengths
available and also photo & video equipment (e.g. Nikon D70 plus Nikon
Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm f/1:3.5-4.5G zoom lens, a barely used Sony HDR-FX1000/E
plus accessories and various bits & parts and a Tamron TV Zoom Lens
12.5-75mm f/1.8 with C mount with constant aperture over the zoom range).

All the items are located in the Netherlands.  I'll provide more
information and pictures on demand.

As far as possible trades go.  I'm mostly interested in lenses (mostly in
Nikon F/G, Pentax K, Leica M, Leica M39, M42 and Sony E-Mount mounts), in
particular fast longer telephoto lenses (135mm and above), also enlarger
lenses.

 - MG