Reverse-engineering WD1000, WD1001 hard disk controllers

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 00:34:01 CST 2016

Hi Dwight,
The WD1002 card number does sound familiar.  I'm almost sure that is it.
Thanks for the information.  I appreciate it.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com

one of these on my NC4016 computer. I'd also purchased
> several 5Meg drives for about $5 ea as DOS no longer supported it. These
worked fine for my NC4016. I used this to add new
> instructions to CM-Forth since the processor had a number of useful side
effects. I could recompile CM-Forth in less than 15 seconds.
> Not that big a deal now days but in the time when the hot Intel processor
was a 386, it was quite impressive.