Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:13:33 CST 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 6:24 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

[Dataproducts interface]

> Yes--and IIRC, it used a 50-conductor connection as well.  We had some

Which was the one that used that rectangular connector often mis-called
the V.35 connector?

I have a thing called a Ferret here. It's a combined breakout box, RS232
to current loop to parallel interface, strip printer, EPROM programmer,
Z80 computer, etc. The parellel interface can be set up to be either Centronics
or Dataproducts.

> big CDC OEM line printers in the mid 1980s that could be configured for
> either interface.  Before that, in about 1975 we had a Diablo dot-matrix
> printer (a strange, very loud beast) that used the DP interface.   (ISTR
> that it also used three Rockwell PPS-8s).  Memory grows dim with each
> passing year.

Some of the old Daisywheel printers, both Diablo and Qume had an interface
with over 20 data lines. You specified print wheel position, amount to advance
the carriage, etc on separate lines.

-tony