Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:24:30 CST 2016

"It is interesting that the MX-80 was copied by several other printer
manufactures."

The first printer I owned, ca. 1983, was a BMC BX-80. This printer was
marketed as an "Epson Compatible", and for my purposes, it most certainly
was. Driven by C-64 via the Cardco Card/?+G interface, it was capable of
several standard text & imprint modes (draft, std, ital, ul, bold, etc),
the CBM keyboard graphics characters and bitmap graphic images.

It may also have printed custom C-64 character sets..?

In any event, that printer served me flawlessly for several years until I
moved on to bigger & better things. So who was BMC, anyway? I also happen
to own a nice little green-screen monitor with their brand on it. It's
clearly based on a B&W TV case & chassis, that lacks tuning, antenna
connections, speaker and so on - in favor of a single RCA composite input.
Monitor still works great, it's my go-to for old home computers.