Supercomputers, fishing for information

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Tue Nov 8 14:09:45 CST 2016

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 11:51 AM, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:

I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.  ;-)  With the exception of the 3340’s (which are directly attached to the 4331), I’m wondering how the microcode would know since the other peripherals are connected through control units which are on the bus-and-tag bus.  I would expect that an OS that was gen’d for all of the peripherals might get weird (or not) if it didn’t find the peripherals but I’ll happily deal with that when I get that far.

I still have to physically get the system here.  I poked around it this past weekend (where is currently stored).  I did get all of the docs, tapes, 3340 packs, etc and that filled up my (large) pickup truck…it was a lot of stuff.

TTFN - Guy