Looking for info on a CAMAC module - Kinetic 3912 Unibus Crate Controller

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:31:44 CDT 2016

I just wish I could remember any of this, and I have lost contact with my colleagues who might have remembered.
When I worked at NERC they were used for most everything, generally in conjunction with a PDP-11 or LSI-11.
We had Media Conversion Systems that took various tapes from Scientific Data Recorders and converted them to standard paper tape or 9-track mag tape.
"HASP" work stations with Card Readers, Line Printers & Tape drives.
Terminal Concentrators with multiple HP26xx terminals that could connect to our Honeywell or VAX systems.
Some were used as Front End Processors on the Honeywell.
By the time I started most were lsi11-03 or 23 modules that fitted into the end slot on the CAMAC crate.
They were generally loaded from Paper Tape or sometimes PROM boards which I think emulated Paper Tape or something stupid....
There is a manual for one of the RJE stations here:-

http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/392339/

and this paper contains info on how to convert some data using a PDP11-05 based media conversion system

http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/392307/1/1188056-1001.pdf

I hope these are interesting

Dave Wade