What the heck is the deal with this eBay item

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:13:57 CDT 2016

One thing is for certain: If it's in eBay's financial interest (page hits,
insertion and final value fees), and they can plausibly deny any liability
or other involvement, they will just let it ride - and the often
highly-touted TOS (aka "the rules") be damned.

In short - If they can skim a little profit off of others' crookery, whilst
keeping their own hands clean - they can and will allow it - always, and
without notable exception. Period.