Real Mice (was real keyboards ...)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue May 31 21:25:34 CDT 2016

On 05/31/2016 06:58 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> Since we are moaning about real hardware, is there anything available
> these days that comes even close to the Logitech ergonomic three
> button mouse from the mid-late 1990s?  The sculpted to fit in your
> hand model?  Before the scroll wheel abomination had been invented?
> They were a joy to behold, let alone use.

Nope--I'd feel lost without a scroll wheel.  I really miss it on the
older mice that I occasionally use.   Some scroll-wheel mice also employ
the wheel as a third-button--just push down on it.

I've been using a Genius PS/2 laser mouse for a few years and like it
very much.  No "gunk" in the ball issues.

I have a couple of CH Product trackballs that were ridiculously
expensive for the time.  They come in handy when there's no room for a
mouse.

--Chuck