Mystery IBM processor

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat May 28 06:40:39 CDT 2016

I believe the modules are called TCM's or Thermal Conduction Modules. It looks like a 3090 chip but I thought those were withdrawn before the date code of "90xx".

I thought the ES/9000 follow on had a re-designed chip with multiple rows of pins like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-IBM-9121-TCM-Thermal-Conduction-Module-ES-9000-Mainframe-Microprocessor-/182138577581

but when I look at the IBM web pages:-

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/mainframe/mainframe_PP9000.html

it says only the high end machines have the new TCM so I think it may be a TCM from an entry level ES/9000 machine...

> Mike

Dave
G4UGM