Windows use in medical spaces (Re: vintage computers in active use)

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat May 28 03:26:34 CDT 2016

Yes as someone pointed out, the system liveware tends to be unreliable.
However what makes you think Windows is different to a Linux GUI. Opening a mail won't run anything UNLESS you have wound the security settings down..
In  defence of the Live Ware it tends to be well concealed crap. Seen a few genuine looking "invoices" which appear to come from legitimate companies, with real names and phone numbers correctly formatted for the UK. My name is pretty common so how do I know its not a genuine mis-directed article, especially in large organization.
The latest ruse is to forge a senior managers address and send instructions to send money to a bank account quickly.....

As someone who knew much more about these things than I do once said, the only totally secure system is one you can't actually use....