Need Rec: Book to teach about computers and BASIC at an eight year old level

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri May 27 22:00:54 CDT 2016

Speaking of LOGO (and the Terrapin..), I assume PILOT is still around in
some form? Correct me here, but I believe that a +BASIC+ implementation of
PILOT was released for either the VIC-20 (??) or the C-64. I recall typing
it in, back in the early 1980s, just for kicks.

Could that actually have been for the VIC? An admittedly simple (and
restrictive) high-level language coded in CBM BASIC, with like 3K of RAM? =)