Need Rec: Book to teach about computers and BASIC at an eight year old level

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri May 27 16:21:38 CDT 2016

> On May 27, 2016, at 1:57 PM, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Those who write APL programs ae sadists, and those who like fixing them when
> they go wrong are masochists....
> ... Though I believe Iverson wanted to call it "The Programming
> Language"....

I was going to suggest he introduce the lad to a wide range of languages, especially non-procedural ones, and outliers such as Forth and APL.  It's much easier to grasp the concepts (and joy) of things like functional programming if you're exposed to them before confirmation bias limits your acceptance of the world.