vintage computers in active use

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:46:37 CDT 2016

On Fri, 27 May 2016, Guy Sotomayor Jr wrote:
> There was a political fight within IBM and the Unix center of competency
> moved from Boca Raton, FL to Austin, TX.  All of the Series/1 Unix
> materials were destroyed at that point (it was a *nasty* fight).

That sounds very much like IBM.  I was there for @ four years (from 2000
to the end of 2003). When people ask me about it, I tell them "IBM is
300,000 employees. That's like a large city. In a city you have a nice
part of town (Watson) where people can more or less follow their dreams
and make all kinds of neat/crazy stuff. Then there is the slums (IBM GS)
where folks are treated like crap and act like animals."

Man, they destroyed the materials.... daaaamn. That's some hatin'

-Swift (a guy with enough hubris to quote himself, har har)