vintage computers in active use

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Thu May 26 14:17:03 CDT 2016

Fred Cisin wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2016, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> > A friend notice this in the news, I heard it mentioned on the radio this morning too:
> > 	http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36385839
> > extract:
> > 	The report said that the Department of Defence systems that co-ordinated
> > 	intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear bombers and tanker support aircraft
> > 	"runs on an IBM Series-1 Computer - a 1970s computing system - and uses
> > 	eight-inch floppy disks".
>
> "This system remains in use because, in short, it still works,"
> Pentagon spokeswoman Lt Col Valerie Henderson told the AFP news agency.
>
> And, THAT is why it MUST be replaced immediately by "modern" hardware
> and software, to put an end to that.  Windows10 can change that.

Since Windows 10 is out, many security aware people here in germany
dropping Microsoft Software if they can and you think it would be a good
idea to control nuclear wheapons with this kind of crap?

Nothanks. This game is over.

..and guys, since Snowden and Manning the Worlds point of view about the United States
and it's "No Such Agency" has changed..entirely.
Don't know if it would be an good idea to additional elect Trump..

Regards,

Holm
  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741