vintage computers in active use

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:31:42 CDT 2016

On 2016-05-26 2:32 PM, Diane Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 06:19:51PM +0100, Rod Smallwood wrote:
>
> A friend of mine had a collection of PDP-8s years ago during the 70s.
> Ontario Hydro asked him if he could sell them a few. I always wondered
> what they were doing with them, today I think I found out.
>
> http://www.iaea.org/inis/collection/NCLCollectionStore/_Public/01/000/1000086.pdf

Yeah the Bruce plant used to run on PDP-8s, a friend of mine worked
there on a work term in University, he told me they had a garage full of
PDP-8s for spares.  I would imagine when Bruce was refurbished they
where replaced with something more modern.  The Pickering plant was run
by IBM 1800 as where some of the coal fired plants.

Paul.