vintage computers in active use

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu May 26 12:57:23 CDT 2016

I took a quick look at that GAO report.  It clearly is not all that accurate.  In a discussion of "old" systems, it mentions a system with "reported age 52 years" but it "runs on windows server 2008 and is programmed in Java".   Yeah, right.  I wonder if it's ignorance speaking, or an attempt to weasel more taxpayer money out of unsuspecting politicians.  A number of other examples are similar.  For example, a "56 year old" IRS system that actually runs on an IBM z series machine from 2010.

	paul