Classics long overdue a Boot.

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:59:44 CDT 2016

On 20 May 2016 at 15:50, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

> On 2016-05-20 3:39 AM, Adrian Graham wrote:
>
>> On 19/05/2016 23:10, "Sean Caron" <scaron at diablonet.net> wrote:
>> My NeXT slab also hadn't been powered up for 10 years so I checked that
>> one
>> and all was ok, only it wasn't my slab! I picked up a load of NeXT gear
>> from
>> an ex-employee many years ago including a colour turbo, cube, slab and
>> Elonex SCSI PC running the x86 version of NeXTSTEP (NeXTSTART by then?).
>> At
>>

> OPENSTEP?

That's the kiddie. It's on a DEC RZ25. Unfortunately said drive's rubber
mounts turned to goo and infiltrated the PSU, we discovered this in the
bloke's flat when he turned the machine on and it promptly went pop. I
powered the machine up using a normal PSU (the Elonex one is a proprietary)
but I need a boot floppy which I don't have.

> some point I must've accidentally swapped the slabs...
>>

> I'm not sure I understand the shell game here. If you swapped them, what
> happened to yours?

All the kit I picked up with some exceptions was destined for TNMOC at
Bletchley Park. I guess my slab ended up there. Doesn't matter anyway
because I replaced the drive in mine before installing NeXTSTEP 3.3.

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?