classics I threw away or sold ... foolishly

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Thu May 19 18:59:39 CDT 2016

On 19/05/2016 15:25, Swift Griggs wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2016, Pete Turnbull wrote:
>> - my first Exidy Sorcerer, with 48K, every ROM PAC and every manual I
>> could buy, and a lot of mods,
>
> Those look really cool. I remember seeing them in computer mags when I was
> uhhh, 7 or 8 years old. Drooled.
>
>> - an SGI Indy which I sold for little more than the cost of shipping,
>
> I still have 2 Indys. One R4600/200 and one R5000/180. I also have a
> Challenge S with an R4600 in it. These are easy to warehouse, but I
> probably need to hoard up some Dallas clock modules for them, since they
> often go bad and lose their MAC.

I have two R5000 Indys, four R3000 Indigos with various graphics, four
O2s (3 x R5K and 1 x R10K) and a 16-processor Origin 2000 so I can't
really complain about that sold Indy, except that there was some
personal history to it.

>> - a big collection of SCSI and IEEE-488 cables,
>
> Oh man, I threw away a bunch of serial and SCSI cables at one point only
> to have to buy the same ones again years later. Ugh.

Exactly.  I had to scrounge three from a friend last weekend.  And then
discovered I'd also given away the only SCSI enclosure that would fit
the intended desk space without a lot omore work.  Doh!

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull