classics I threw away or sold ... foolishly

George Currie g at kurico.com
Wed May 18 16:43:18 CDT 2016

 On Wed, 18 May 2016 14:50:17 -0600 (MDT), Swift Griggs
 <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've stack-ranked all the classic items that I, to my everlasting
> shame,
> let go of at some point and now I feel like it was a mistake:

 It wasn't one I ever really possessed so technically it wasn't a
 throw/sell away, but it was one that got away.

 That as an AT&T Pixel Machines PXM900.  It was at an university
 auction, I had already gone way over budget and I would have had to bid
 on the entire pallet of stuff in order to get it.  I anguished, bid
 anyway, got outbid and declined to bid further.  I immediately regretted
 the decision, contacted the buyer right after the auction, he told me
 he'd get back to me on Monday (yeah, you can see it coming).  When I
 called on Monday, he was glowing about how much gold was in the thing
 and he had already scrapped it :(

 I still regret that decision to this day (if it wasn't already
 obvious).

 Sigh.