New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:49:00 CDT 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Pete Lancashire
<pete at petelancashire.com> wrote:
> 4:3 is getting to be the odd ball, and as time goes on unless there is
> a continuing industrial need
> your going to pay a lot. The only market today is HMI (Human Machine
> Interface)   they
> max out at 15", the majority are 9" and 12".

I have been keeping my eye out for older panels.  I have some 12" 4:3
and a few 17" 4:3 and I think one 19" 4:3.  Never run across anything
larger.  I don't think there were too many 4:3 LCD televisions sold
larger than 19"... some, perhaps, but not many.  The world switched to
16:9 about the time prices started falling on > 19" panels.

I have a couple of arcade cabinets I'd love to switch to LCD.  No luck
yet except with a 16:9 that would fill the cabinet space but give me a
black bars and a smaller playfield size than the CRT.

-ethan