New *square* 1:1 26.5" LCD monitor 1920x1920

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:37:11 CDT 2016

Does anyone have a EIZO FlexScan EV2730QFX-BK monitor? I currently own an
NEC MultiSync 17" LCD that does sync-on-green and works with my SGIs and
other older systems. However, I'd love something bigger. The problem is
that when I use widescreen monitors on systems which cannot display
widescreen resolutions, everything is pretty distorted.

My guess is that, since this is a newer monitor, it's not going to support
sync-on-green. I'd still be tempted to get one, simply because I've grown
to dislike widescreen for productivity uses (they are great for
entertainment). However, at over $1k, it'd definitely have to support my
retro gear to make it worth it. Now that I look, it says it only supports
displayport and dual-link DVI. That means I'd need a scan converter to use
it with older gear. Ugh. Well, anyone go down this road already?

-Swift

Some links to this beastie:

http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2730q/

http://www.amazon.com/FlexScan-EV2730QFX-Monitor-1920x1920-EV2730QFX-BK/dp/B00R58MLSY