beige rant (was Re: IBM 5150 with red case on ebay)

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri May 13 21:20:49 CDT 2016

> On May 13, 2016, at 6:46 PM, Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> They weren't even clones, they were the real deal. Apple II Plus
> computers produced by Apple for B&H for a time.

Apple manufactured an OEM Apple ][+ ?  Really?  I was pretty sure the B&H's were an independent product.  Apple licensed them to try to step on the clone market.  I can't fathom Apple letting someone else sell their own product (modulo case colour) at a price that undercut the official product.

I do recall now the local elementary & jr. high schools gobbled them up. (The B&H variant.)