Manual for Remex RRJ8000 serial paper tape reader circa 1979?

Nigel Williams nw at retrocomputingtasmania.com
Wed May 11 06:11:03 CDT 2016

If anyone knows the dip switch settings, I'd be grateful to learn them please or even better a manual. It doesn't match any of the units currently on bitsavers. Compared to the more common Remex units this one is quite compact.

I tried some test tapes and it produces a regular pattern differing only in a couple of bits, I think it is indicating parity errors, I'm guessing one of the dip-switch settings controls parity.